Hydrocoat’s environmentally-friendly, water-based formula offers exceptional protection against all types of marine fouling organisms.
Lacking the noxious solvents found in most bottom paints, Hydrocoat easier to apply and clean up, with no heavy solvent smell. It is also easy on the environment—and easy on the person who applies it. The water-based formula exceeds even the most stringent air pollution standards for VOCs.
Hydrocoat’s ablative surface wears away with use, exposing fresh biocides while minimizing paint build-up and the need for sanding when the time comes to repaint.
Hydrocoat withstands frequent trailering, beaching, and launching. And with a formula that allows unlimited dry time to launch, you can paint in the fall and splash in the spring.
- Offers outstanding protection against all types of marine fouling
- Contains drag reducing PTFE
- Finish can be burnished to reduce drag
- Allows unlimited dry time to launch
- Reduces the need for sanding at haulout
- Cleans up easily with soap and water
- Easy on the environment and the person who applies it
- Vehicle type: Water-based Emulsion
- Finish: Flat
- Available colors: Blue, Green, Red, Black
- Components: 1
- Curing mechanism: Solvent release
- Solids by weight: (Theoretical): 73 +/- 2%
- Solids by Volume: (Theoretical): 40 +/- 2%
- Coverage: 430sq.ft. /gal.
- VOC: 150 grams/liter (Max)
- Active ingredients: 40.43% Cuprous oxide
- Flash point: None
- Application Method: Brush, roller, airless, or conventional spray
- Number of coats recommended: 2 Minimum with additional coats at waterline recommended.
- Dry Film Thickness: 1.5 mils (3.75 wet mils)
- Applicator: High-quality short nap roller (maximum 3/16” nap)
- Application temperature: Min. /Max. Range: 50° F. Min/90°F. Max
- Thinner: Water